Common tern grooves are V-shaped, T-shaped and dovetail. Today we are going to discuss how to use a milling machine to process V-grooves.
1. V-groove applications
V-shaped groove is widely used in mill machine fixtures, such as milling machine guide rail, workpiece crossed, clamping measurement. V-shaped groove between the sides of the angle between the general is 90°or 60°, commonly used 90°V-shaped groove.
2. The main technical requirements of V-groove
The symmetry of the V-shaped groove center plane to the center of the workpiece, the parallelism of the upper plane plane of the V-shaped block, the verticality of the center plane of the V-shaped groove to the bottom plane.
3. V-groove milling method
(1) Milling the V-groove with an end mill
A V-shaped groove with an angle greater than or equal to 90°can be used to clamp the milling cutter at the mill machine. Milling should be completed before the narrow slot, and then transferred to the milling head, with an end mill milling V-shaped groove. After milling the V side of the side, turn the vertical milling head at the angle of the other side of the V-face; or loosen the workpiece 180°after clamping, and then milling the other side V-shaped surface. When milling, the base of the fixture or workpiece should be parallel to the horizontal feed direction of the machine table.
(2) Adjust workpiece milling V-groove
V groove angle greater than 90 degrees, accuracy is not high, one side can be corrected by crossed V slot, and make the machine table and parallel clamping, side milling, re correction clamping on the other side, and then milling, when the angle is equal to 90 degrees, V groove size the one time clamping milling.
(3) With angle milling cutter milling V-groove
A V-shaped groove with an angle of less than 90°is used to mill the narrow slot with a symmetrical double-angled cutter with the same angle. The reference plane of the fixture or workpiece should be parallel to the longitudinal feed direction of the machine tool table. If there is no suitable symmetrical double-angle milling cutter, can be combined with two different edge, the same specifications of the single-angle milling cutter combined milling.
4. V - shaped groove detection method
V-groove detection items are V-groove width B, V-shaped groove angle α and V-groove symmetry.
(1) V-groove width B detection
1) Measure the groove width B directly with the vernier caliper, but the detection accuracy is poor.
2) With the standard weight bar indirect measurement of width B, high precision, as shown. Measurement, the first measured size h, and then calculated.
(2) Detection of V-groove angle α
1) Measure with angle pattern. Observe whether the V-groove angle α is acceptable by observing the gap between the workpiece and the model.
2) Measure with the universal angle of the cursor.
3) Indirect measurement of groove angle α with standard rod. This method has high accuracy.
(3) V-groove symmetry error detection
When measuring, the V-groove put a standard bar, respectively, V-shaped frame on both sides of the reference, placed on the flat datum plane, with a lever dial indicator measuring the highest point of the bar, twice the difference between the measured reading for the symmetry error. If the readings of the two measurements are the same, it indicates that the center plane of the V-shape coincides with the V-plane center plane.
The above is about how to use a milling machine processing V-shaped groove of the relevant content. Welcome to continue to focus.