There are many ways of milling slope on milling machines, including workpiece tilting method, mill cutter tilting method, angle milling cutter milling slope and so on.
(1)Workpiece tilt method
In the use of horizontal milling machine or vertical milling head milling slope, the workpiece can be tilted after the required angle of clamping, milling. Commonly used methods are the following.
1) According to the scribing of the workpiece milling slope. When the production of a single piece, first draw the slope of the processing line, and then use the flat clamp clamp, and then use the scribe line to find the horizontal position of the processing line, with a cylindrical milling cutter or face milling cutter out of the slope.
2) Pull the flat mouth clamp clamp workpiece milling slope. Install the flattened pliers, the first fixed jaws and the milling machine spindle axis perpendicular or parallel, and pull the clamp to the desired angle, and then clamp the workpiece and milling.
3) Tilt the workpiece with an inclined horn. Use the tilting horn to tilt the workpiece datum as shown. The inclination of the oblique iron is equal to the inclination of the ramp and the width of the horn should be less than the width of the workpiece.
(2) milling cutter tilting method
Install a end mill or face milling cutter on a vertical milling machine with a rotatable angle at the vertical milling head, clamping the workpiece with a flattened pliers or platen, and milling the ramps. Commonly used methods are the following two.
1) The workpiece base is parallel to the table. With the face milling cutter or the end face of the end mill milling the slope, the vertical mill head should be rotated by the angle α=θ, as shown in the figure; with the end mill cutting edge of the slope, of the angle α= 90°-θ, as shown.
2) Workpiece reference plane and milling table vertical clamping. When the slope is milled with the circumferential edge of the end mill, the angle of the vertical mill head should be tilted α=θ, as shown in the figure. When milling with an end mill or the end face of the end mill, of the angle α= 90°-θ, as shown.
(3) With the angle milling cutter milling slope
The narrower bevel can be cut with an angle milling cutter. Select the angle of the angle of the milling cutter should be based on the angle of the workpiece slope, the width of the milling should be less than the width of the cutting edge of the cutting edge. Milling the symmetrical double bevel, you should select two diameters and angles the same, the cutting edge of the opposite angle milling cutter at the same time milling, milling cutter should be installed when the two cutter blade staggered to reduce the milling force and vibration, as the picture shows. As the angle cutter cutter blade strength is weak, the teeth are arranged in a more dense, milling more difficult when the chip, so the amount of milling should be about 20% lower than the cylindrical cutter, especially the feed per tooth is more appropriate to reduce. When the milling machine milling carbon steel and other parts, should be sufficient to apply cutting fluid.