The correct installation of the milling cutter directly affects the milling machine to proceed smoothly, so it should be given sufficient attention.
As shown in the figure, the milling cutter is mounted as close as possible to the end of the spindle to increase the rigidity of the process system and reduce vibration. When installing the cutter on the steel milling machine tools, wipe the positioning sleeve and the milling cutter to reduce the end of the milling cutter. Insert the arbor into the spindle taper hole and align the keyway on the arbor with the key on the spindle. The rod and the handle rod thread screwing at least 5 to 6 pitch; in the tighten the nut on the cutter before the need to install the pylons, and finally the arbor and the spindle, cutter and knife pole in close cooperation.
Milling cutter loading and unloading precautions
1) When installing a cylindrical cutter or other perforated milling cutter on the vertical or drilling milling machines, fasten the hanger and tighten the cutter. Disassemble should first release the cutter, then release the rack.
2) Loading and unloading milling cutter, cylindrical milling cutter with both ends of the hand; when loading and unloading the end milling cutter, the hand is covered with cotton yarn to hold the circumference.
3) When installing the milling cutter, the contact surfaces shall be wiped to prevent the dirt on the contact surface from affecting the installation accuracy.
4) Tighten the length of the thread on the screw should be with the milling rod or cutter on the screw hole has enough rotation length.
5) The hanger bearing hole and the milling rod support shaft should maintain a sufficient mating length.
6) Cutting tools should be checked after installation.